How To Play the Elevator Game:
1. Enter the elevator alone.
2. Proceed to the fourth floor.
3. Descend to the second floor.
4. Proceed to the sixth floor.
5. Return to the second floor.
6. Ascend to the tenth floor.
7. Return to the fifth floor.
A young woman may enter the elevator here. Do not look at her or talk to her, whatever she does.
8. Press the button for the first floor.
– If the elevator descends to the first floor, exit immediately. Do not look back or speak.
– If the elevator starts to go up, it’s going to the Other World. No one will be on the tenth floor. The power might be out. The sky will be darker, with a red cross in the distance…
But what happens after you exit the elevator?
Written by Chris Burnside
Lowri Ann Davies as Carys
Hannah Preisinger as The Agent
Joe Bence as The Guard
April Sumner as The Elevator
Initial dialogue edit by Rachel Pulliam
Sound design by Fiona Thraille
Music, mix and additional editing/SFX by Katharine Seaton
Artwork by Kessi Riliniki
Customs is a collaborative project with Dashing Onions, Dayton Writers Movement, Old Souls Audio and Wonky Salamander.
This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to real people, places, or events is entirely coincidental.